Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t see the answer to your question on this page, please don’t hesitate to call INFINITI of Cool Springs and one of our friendly representatives will be happy to assist you.
Make Your Appointment Call Now Get Directions
- INFINITI of Cool Springs is focused on contributing to your overall ownership experience, which includes worrying about your maintenance schedule so that you don’t have to. We take the fuss out of scheduling your maintenance service by contacting you when it’s time to bring your vehicle in. In a pinch you can always refer to your owner’s manual for the service intervals for your particular model. Even if you can’t find your owner’s manual just give our service center a call and we’ll be able to tell you the mileage intervals for your oil change.
- When deciding to replace your car battery check the warranty date. You’ll see a letter representing the month – A for January, B for February, C for March, and so on. This will be followed by a number for the year, thus a battery that reads E18 means May 2018. You should change the battery just before the date approaches to ensure the safety and proper functioning of your car. We are also happy to check your battery for you when you bring your vehicle into our Service Center.
- There may be a number of reasons why your car isn’t starting, ranging from a dead battery, to a bad starter or alternator, to a stretched or broken timing belt, or even a bad sensor.
- If your problem is your starter or a dead battery, you should hear a click when you engage the ignition. If you have a voltmeter, check your battery – it should have at least 12 volts when the car is turned off. You should then check the voltmeter while someone turns the key – if the voltage doesn’t dip below 10.50 volts, the issue may be the starter if all other systems are functioning properly.
- If your “Service Engine Soon” or check engine light comes on in your INFINITI, you should bring your car into our service center as soon as you can. Our experts will plug a code reader into your diagnostic port for a professional diagnosis.
- Proper maintenance and servicing is the key to a long lasting vehicle. Whether you’re looking to drive your car for the entirety of its life, or sell or trade it in, you’ll get more mileage and save money on your vehicle when you look after it properly.
- Don’t overlook tires in your maintenance routine. You should always keep your tires at the right air pressure so that they don’t wear down too soon.
How many miles can I go before my INFINITI needs an oil change?
When should I replace my car battery?
What if my vehicle doesn’t start?
What if my “Service Engine Soon” light turns on?
How can I make my car last longer?
- Depending on how you drive your car, where you drive it, and what kind of tires you have, how often you replace your tires will vary. Driving on rough surfaces like gravel causes your tires to wear down more easily. Driving on softer rubber or “highway” tires can also cause your tires to wear down quickly. As each tire has an approximate number of miles that it should last, you should always inspect your tires for low pressure, worn spots, and other problems. When your tread wears down to be even with the wear bars you need to replace your tires.
- Checking your alignment is always a good idea. If you notice an uneven wear pattern on your tires, fixing your alignment can help.
- You should regularly check your tires for low pressure, wear, and other problems. Look for uneven wear which may mean you need an alignment service. You should also check between the treads to inspect the wear bars – little bumps of rubber in the tread. When your wear bars are even with the tread, you should replace your tires.
What kind of tires should I get?
- Speak with your INFINITI service adviser about the kind of driving you do, whether its city, highway, or on rough surfaces, this will impact on what kind of tires you should get. You’ll also want to tell them how much driving you actually do so that they can set you up with the best type of tire to match your needs.
How often do I need to buy or replace tires?
Do I need to align my tires when I get new ones?
How do I know when to get new tires?
- How often you should replace your belts and hoses varies. Once your hoses get soft or start showing cracks, you should replace them. When your belts start to rot or become dry, or if the bottom side is shiny, or the tensioner can’t hold tension on the belt, then you need to change your belts.
- OEM stands for “original equipment manufacturer” – these are parts made by the manufacturer, or in your case INFINITI. Though OEM parts can be sold by INFINITI or by third parties. Generic parts are made by another manufacturer to fit your INFINITI. OEM parts tend to be preferred as they are made specifically to meet the quality of your vehicle. INFINITI of Cool Springs uses only INFINITI OEM parts for all our services.
When should I replace my belts and hoses?
What is the difference between OEM and generic part?
- When your INFINITI needs maintenance or repairs you should always use a certified professional, especially one trained to work on INFINITI cars. These ASE Certified Technicians are trained to work on your car so that you can rest assured that it will be repaired properly with high quality parts. All out technicians at INFINITI of Cool Springs Service Center have to pass the ASE certification test in their specialty. If our technicians have reached master status then they must pass a series of challenging tests and they must posses two years of documented hands-on work experience.
- In order to meet our requirements to properly service your INFINITI vehicle, technicians must receive certification in the use of the special equipment that is used to diagnose vehicle problems. This ensures that you won’t have to be impacted by inaccurate diagnosis that could cost you more.
- When you entrust your INFINITI vehicle to our ASE certified auto repair technicians with specialized training you can breathe easier knowing that your repairs will be undertaken with the utmost of care and quality parts in an efficient time frame.
- At INFINITI of Cool Springs Service Center we offer a warranty on parts as well as service. If you ever encounter a defective part of technician error, you are fully protected by a warranty.
- If you choose a technician without INFINITI certification to fix your vehicle, you won’t be certain of their expertise to accomplish the repair. You also probably won’t be guaranteed that they are using top quality OEM parts. They also might not be ASE certified and unable to guarantee their work or parts.
- All technicians at INFINITI of Cool Springs Service Center must pass their ASE certification test in their specialty in order to service your vehicle. All master technicians must also pass rigorous tests and maintain two years of documented hands-on work experience.
- To achieve master status, auto technicians must pass eight tests in automobile repair. The A series for automobiles and light trucks includes:
- Engine repair
- Automatic transmission/transaxle
- Manual drivetrain and axles
- Suspension and steering
- Electrical/Electronic system
- Heating and air conditioning
- Engine performance
- The ninth test in the series is for light vehicle diesel engines and that test is not required to become a master technician.
- To become a body or collision repair master tech, these tests must be passed:
- Painting and refinishing
- Non-structural analysis and damage repair
- Structural analysis and damage repair
- Mechanical and electrical components
- All master techs must recertify every five years.
Why ASE-Certified professionals?
What’s wrong with uncertified mechanics?
What are the certification requirements?
- INFINITI InTouch™ is a technology that allows you to always have help when you need it. This new technology is looking out for you before you even start driving. That is because you can lock your vehicle remotely and get access to your vehicle without your key when you use the INFINITI InTouch app on your smartphone. When you are driving, it has even more features to keep you connected and safe including:
- Never get lost again the the navigation-equipped INFINITI, a GPS system. It is built right into the dashboard and can always help you find an address or point of interest while you stay focused on the road.
- When you want to reach your entertainment and communications, you can do so by swiping the touchscreen or by giving some voice commands. It is now easier than ever to make a hands-free call or check the weather.
- If you forget to lock your vehicle, or need to access it when you don’t have your keys handy, simply log in to the smartphone app for quick and easy access to your vehicle.
- If you are ever in need of roadside assistance or emergency help, then you can get it very easily with the personal security features built right in. If your airbags deploy, then the INFINITI’s Automatic Collision Notification will automatically alert an agent who can send response personnel.
- If you let someone else drive your vehicle, like your child, then you can keep track of where it is at all times. You can also set the Max Speed and Valet Alerts that will send you notifications if the set speed and boundary thresholds have been exceeded. Additionally, the Maintenance Alert will notify you of any malfunction indicator triggers. You can even set a ‘Drive Zone’ and be notified if the vehicle leaves or enters that area. To give you peace of mind, you can always be notified when the vehicle reaches its destination.
- If your INFINITI is ever stolen, then the sophisticated tracking technology can greatly increase the chances of recovering your vehicle.
Stay safe. Stay IN TOUCH.
Entertainment & Communications
Convenience & Concierge
Safety & Security
Report Stolen Vehicle
Driving & Maintenance Tips
- No matter what speed you drive, gas mileage is increased more when starting from a complete stop. If you let your car slow down before you come to a stop sign or stoplight, you reduce your chances of coming to a complete stop. The only exception to this is if you are driving an electric car with regenerative braking, so you won’t want to come to a complete stop.
- If you maintain a good distance with the car in front of you on the highway, you won’t have to slow down when the vehicle in front of you slows down. You should also use cruise control when you can, weather permitting. This allows you to keep an even flow of traffic and merge lanes without having to slow down. The more even speed you can maintain within the speed limit, the better your gas mileage will be.
- Old plugs can make your car use more gas, while certain sensors can impact on gas mileage, so it’s good to have the codes checked and sensors repaired as soon as your check engine light comes on.
- Yes, if your air pressure is too low, your car has to work overtime to keep it rolling and in turn will use up more gas mileage.
How do I get better gas mileage?
Does slowing down and speeding up use more gas on the highway?
Will keeping your vehicle well maintained also help with gas mileage?
Does good tire air pressure keep the proper resistance between the tire and the road?
FAQ TopicsMaintenance Tires Parts Technology
Does Your Car Have a Safety Recall?
Recalls have been in the news a lot lately. We know you have questions about the effect of these recalls on the safety of you and your passengers. We can’t service every vehicle with an open recall, but we can alert you if your vehicle has one.